Healthy Foods are a storehouse of nutrition that is essential for our body to be healthy and fit. It generally includes natural, organic and whole food that is rich in protein, carbohydrate, and vitamins.Generally, the nutrition requirement depends on body size and lifestyle. But, there is a small difference in the nutrition requirement of men and women. It is believed, compared to men, women require more of calcium and iron in their diet.So, a healthy food for women should have all the nutrition with a special focus on iron and calcium. Hence, the packaging of foods and vegetables also needs to be taken into consideration, Food Packing Machine should be used for maintaining the quality of it.
Considering the nutrition requirement of women and their round the clock working hours, we have developed a list of ten healthy foods for women that can prove to be better friends with them than diamonds!
Top 10 Healthy Foods for Women
- Greek yogurt – This creamy, tangy food is a storehouse of calcium that is most essential for bones. Its pro-biotic nature helps soothe irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory digestive tract disorders. Yogurt also acts as a powerful immunity booster.
Dosage – According to dietitian Kate Geagan, at least three servings daily.
Substitute–For vegans, you can opt for Coconut kefir
- Salmon – This food is the abode of iron, omega-3s and vitamin D that prevents heart disease and fight against Alzheimer’s. Since salmon is a lean protein it also helps you reduce weight when used to replace the fattier red meats. If you are suffering from arthritis, or any other inflammatory disease, Salmon’s omega -3’s will help curb the inflammation. Omega-3 might seem the magic pill, but it also helps improve your mood and stave off depression!
Dosage -According to American Heart Association,at-least two serving a week.
Substitute –Tempeh will work similarly well for vegan’s
- Eggs – This is one of the most under-appreciated foods, which is chock full of loads of nutrients. It is rich in protein, vitamins D, A and choline. It’s is a source of carotenoids that prevent cataracts. This great antioxidant can also prevent breast cancer and macular degeneration. Eggs are often shunned as being a heart risk, but their health benefits far outweigh their potential risk, especially when consumed in moderation.
Dosage – 2-4 egg per week
Substitute – Tofu will work well for vegans and vegetarians alike
- Tomatoes – This red color food is a source of lycopene that is an antioxidant. It prevents cervical and breast cancer. It also works as sunscreens as it quadruples the SPF. Apart from lycopene, it is also a source of polyphenols, that naturally thins the blood, keeping the heart healthy.
Dosage – 3 to 5 servings a week
Substitute – red navel oranges
- Flaxseed – This plant food contains three beneficial compounds – omega 3 fatty acid, fiber, and lignin.Researchers have shown that it does not allow red blood cells clumping and clotting thus reducing the heart risk by 46%. It is also known to prevent breast cancer and arthritis. Its anti-inflammatory properties also ease irritable bowel syndrome.
Dosage – 10 gm every day
Substitute – Chia seed, pumpkin seed
- Red Beans – This food is loaded with all the nutrients women need. It is rich in fiber, protein, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. It prevents heart risk, diabetes, high blood pressure, and breast cancers. Its high protein content helps keep you fuller for longer thus aiding weight loss.
Dosage – 3 cups a week.
Substitute – Black beans, green beans
- Nuts–Nuts are a rich source of phytochemicals.Peanuts contain cancer-fighting agent choline. While Almonds and walnut are generally considered to be best of this lot for containing Omega 3 fatty acid which helps keep your heart healthy and stave off heart diseases! But, all the nuts are equally rich in unsaturated fat, making them a must have healthy food for women.
Dosage – 5-10 pieces of nuts daily
Substitute – None
- Blue Berries – According to research, this food is the gem of all. It is one of the best natural anti- aging foods. It prevents memory loss, improves motor skills and reduces blood pressure. It is rich in antioxidants compound anthocyanins.
Dosage – 0.5-1 cups a day
Substitute – Cranberry
- Low-fat milk – Milk is a store-house of calcium that is very essential for building bones, teeth, and muscles. Lack of calcium can lead to serious bone issues. Low levels of calcium are also related to difficulty in losing weight.
Dosage – 1 cups a day
Substitute – Almond Milk/ Soymilk
- Spinach–This is a goldmine of nutrients. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and high amounts of iron and magnesium. It helps keep at bay diseases like preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, vaginal infections, and excess weight gain. It is the best pro-biotic in pregnancy.
Dosage – One bowl a day
Substitute – Kale