Healthy Foods are a store house of nutritions that are essential for our body to be healthy and fit. It generally includes natural, organic and whole food that are rich in protein, carbohydrate and vitamins.Generally, the nutrition requirement depends on body size and lifestyle. But, there is small difference in the nutritionrequirement of men and women. It is believed, compared to men, womenrequire more of calcium and iron in their diet.So, a healthy food for women should have all the nutrition with special focus on iron and calcium. Hence, the packaging of foods and vegetables also needs to be taken into consideration,Food Packing Machine should be used for maintaining the quality of it.
Considering the nutrition requirement of women and their round the clock working hours, we have developed a list of ten healthy foods for women that can prove to be better friends for them than diamonds!
Top 10 Healthy Foods for Women
- Greek yogurt – This creamy, tangy food is a storehouse of calcium that is most essential for bones. Its pro-biotic naturehelps sootheirritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory digestive tract disorders. Yogurt also acts as a powerful immunity booster.
Dosage – According to dietitian Kate Geagan, at least three servings daily.
Substitute–For vegans you can opt for Coconut kefir
- Salmon – This food is abode of iron, omega-3s and vitamin D that prevents heart disease and fight against Alzheimer’s. Since salmon is a lean protein it also helps you reduce weight when used to replace the more fatty red meats. If you are suffering from arthritis, or any other inflammatory disease, Salmon’s omega -3’s will help curb the inflammation. Omega-3 might seem the magic pill, but it also helps improve your mood and stave off depression!
Dosage -According to American Heart Association,at-least two serving a week.
Substitute –Tempeh will work similarly well for vegan’s
- Eggs – This is one of the most under-appreciated food, which is chock full of loads of nutrients. It is rich in protein, vitamins D, A and choline. It’s is a source of carotenoidsthat prevents cataracts. This great antioxidant can also prevent breast cancerand macular degeneration. Eggs are often shunned as being a heart risk, but their health benefits far outweigh their potential risk, especially when consumed in moderation.
Dosage – 2-4 egg per week
Substitute – Tofu will work well for vegans and vegetarians alike
- Tomatoes – This red color food isa source of lycopene that is an antioxidant. It prevents cervicaland breast cancer. It also works as sunscreens as it quadruple the SPF. Apart from lycopene, it is also a source of polyphenols, that naturally thins the blood, keeping the heart healthy.
Dosage – 3 to 5 servings a week
Substitute – red navel oranges
- Flax seed – This plant food contains three beneficial compounds – omega 3 fatty acid, fiber, andlignan.Researchers have shown that it does not allow red blood cells clumping and clotting thus reducing the heart risk by 46%. It is also known to prevent breast cancer and arthiritis. Its anti-inflammatory properties also ease irritable bowel syndrome.
Dosage – 10 gm everyday
Substitute – Chia seed, pumpkin seed
- Red Beans – This food is loaded with all the nutrients women need. It is rich in fiber, protein, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. It prevents heart risk, diabetes, high blood pressure, and breast cancers. Its high protein content helps keep you fuller for longer thus aiding weight loss.
Dosage – 3 cups a week.
Substitute – Black beans, green beans
- Nuts–Nuts are a rich source of phytochemicals.Peanuts contain cancer fighting agent choline. While, Almonds and walnut are generally considered to be best of this lot for containing Omega 3 fatty acid which helps keep your heart healthy and stave off heart diseases! But, all the nuts are equally rich inunsaturated fat, making them a must have healthy food for women.
Dosage – 5-10 pieces of nuts daily
Substitute – None
- Blue Berries – According to research, this food is gem of all. It is one of the best natural anti- aging foods. It prevents memory loss, improves motor skills and reduces blood pressure. It is rich in antioxidants compound anthocyanins.
Dosage – 0.5-1 cups a day
Substitute – Cranberry
- Low fat milk – Milk is a store-house of calcium that is very essential for building bones, teeth, and muscles. Lack of calcium can lead to serious bone issues. Low levels of calcium are also related to difficulty in losing weight.
Dosage – 1 cups a day
Substitute – Almond Milk/ Soy milk
- Spinach–This is a goldmine of nutrients. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and high amounts of iron and magnesium. It helps keep at bay diseases like preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, vaginal infections, and excess weight gain. It is the best pro-biotic in pregnancy.
Dosage – One bowl a day
Substitute – Kale